View Single Post
      08-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #88
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post

Oh and for those upset about the $11k ACS is charging, I was quoted $8.3k for an MTM (Audi) exhaust today!
Not upset at all I think, as there are plenty of 'safe' and resonably priced alternatives, just stating how ridiculous and obvious rip it is :smile:

Maybe not all but most OEM and aftermarket items do tend to reflect the pricing of the car type/manufacturer in question though, all you have to do is compare similar things to each other, for eg: flash tune for a VW Gti 2.0TFSI will cost you much less than exactly the same tune for exactly the same engine in an Audi TT and so on and so on...

I got quotes on custom 3 piece wheels not long ago from the same manufacturer, same type, size, spec, model of wheel for my Astra was 2k cheaper than a quote on exactly the same wheel specs for a BMW 135i, the only difference was the PCD

See they all assume that when you can afford to buy an exotic or prestige brand, you have more money, so all associated items, including servicing etc. is accordingly raised :wink:
Appreciate 0