02-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #1
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

Cosmetic issues with leather and trim

Hi,

Please give me some input on how to best address these three issues I am having with my 128i...

1. There is a rip in the rubber gasket at the bottom of the passenger side door. I have no idea how it happened. It ripped where there was a hole.

2. I had the SSK installed a few months ago. When I got the car back there was a small smudge of grease on the trim, and I wiped it off. Over the intervening months, every time I wipe the interior down the spot gets a little bigger, and this is where it is now.

3. The coloring seems to be rubbing off of my leather seats, especially at the edge as shown. It's hard to see, but the lower backrest surface is also being worn down and it seems the leather underneath is showing through.

I use Zaino products on my leather seats monthly, a damp rag with water removes the day-to-day dirt about once a week. I use 'ICE' interior detailer to freshen up the plastic and rubber surfaces about weekly.

I want to keep my car's trim as nice as possible. The car (it's a 2009) has 36K and is still under warranty. Is any of this kind of thing covered?

If not, what's the best way to get it taken care of myself?

Thank you!
Attached Images