10-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
saace7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: OneThreeFive

need a little help after intake cleaning

Hey guys need a little help.

I did a lot of searching before I came here but only could find so much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just finished cleaning my intake valves using chemicals (b12 and carb cleaner). It took me almost a week due to work. Well I finished today and when I started my car burned some blue smoke for a second or two then ran fine. Only issue the CEL has gone off. I don't have any tools to reset it. First question is is there a way to reset the cel with out one? I tried the disconnect battery technique with no success. Seems the code did not reset at all because it was on before I even started the car. I replaced the manifold gaskets, throttle body gasket and vacuum lines from the DV to the intake manifold with vacuum lines from advance. They are not as stiff as the OEM. Is this an issue? It looks like they might be collapsing under vacuum. I am stock with borla cat back exhaust. No codes until after this cleaning.

The codes that are thrown are:

P0238
P142E
P0113

Car is running fine, idle is smooth, revs are smooth, drove the car it runs great. No bogging or studering. It is in limp mode though as you can tell it has no pull/power.

Any insight would be great. Thanks guys.

If you need more info, ask I'll explain anything I can.

Last edited by saace7; 10-11-2014 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0