NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
thats a bit harsh dont you think?

I walk out every morning and see the original mirrors and the new ones side-by-side. And guess what? I prefer the mirrors on my 2008 in both looks and functionality.

The current "dumbo ear" mirrors are the same size as the mirrors on my mountaineers - a 5K pound truck. That really doesnt seem a bit excessive to you?

Nothing wrong with liking one aesthetic over another. It hardly makes one into the person that youre claiming them to be.
Calling some sissies because they whine about a f'n mirror? Come on now, thats not harsh.

Mirror is a little bigger and looks like 'dumbo'! I expect that kind of rationale from children.
You might like the looks of the earlier mirrors better but functionality, really? They increased the size to get better functionality.
And side by side with my C6 Corvette, they're about the same size actually but haven't got out the ruler.

At least I dont have a "sissy" drop top. They let my 'dumbo' eared 1 on racetracks everywhere, Verts, not to many. But they are dandy for being in parades.
Appreciate 0