View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
M///1rider
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Flash tune battle: ESS vs Evolve tuning

Hey guys when i switched over to the 1m platform i expected tuning to be as easy as it was on the previous n54 135i's.

It has been difficult to find a tune that can keep up with a JB4 or Procede.

I currently have been hopping around and thought that i have decided to do something very nice for the community!!!!!

I have a JB4 from my previous Car and picked up the ESS tune around December.

I ran their stage 1 and let me tell you it was good. Torque raised a lot but the 1M is tuned already from stock over a regular n54. So hp was not that great.

I spoke with AJ over at ESS and he is a great guy. I told him the stage 1 still did not have that extra bump at the top to let it be great but it still was magnificent in second and third gear.

He shot me over a Beta file that had a little more boost and i tried it out. It had a lot more torque and even more hp.

But still did not feel faster than a JB4 n54. This is only there Beta not stage 2 so im waiting to see what they come up with and im keeping their handheld.

After a lot of debate with myself waiting around i could not wait any longer and i bit on the Evolve R. Purchased it through Sonic MS and after a little mix up from USPS i got the package.

Downloaded my regular file which took 1 hour. Then sent it in!!

After anxiously waiting one day i received the Evolve R tune custom to my 1m.

Every spec and even octane rating.

My car is full bolt ons

- AR dps 3" catless
- Berk resonated Mids
- Eisenmann rear race muffler
- Injen dual ram air intake ( thinking about switching need more IAT testing)
- CP-E 3" chargepipe
- HKS bov
- HPF 7" Fmic

- always on 93 octane!!!

- speed delimiter yes!
- catless. Yess!!!
- Rev delimiter. No because i figured we dont even banged our rpms over 6k so there no point.

After receiving their advertise Stage 3 Decatted map. I was so excited. Ive only had it for a couple of days but instantly theres was more hp then ESS

Rough testing i got around 10sec
60-130 times

Torque was just as good as ESS if not better and the RPM band is strong.

Yet to put it to work against other cars but the Evolve -R is running great!!!.

I will do dyno's shortly comparing these tunes but power is good

Also have an aquamist meth kit to install when i have the time.

But let me tell you Evolve is a great company and the Evolve R is a great product. Cant wait to get it on the dyno.

Im hoping for over 410 whp at least with methanol spraying!!!!

Wish me luck
Appreciate 0