07-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #222
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apiasto View Post
It was Road & Tracks April 2012 issue, Tommy Milner took all of the Corvette variants around the Spring Mountain track and the Z06 edged out the ZR1. Here is one of the articles I saw about the 1M:

http://www.autospies.com/news/The-Ul...URPRISE-68390/

Aside from the lightened M3 CRT it edges out the M3s. But let's agree to disagree because until more data is formed than all it is speculation. I just wanted to put 2 cents in. I actually like the 135 I just stuck with N/A because I like the smooth feeling rather than boost.

Now getting back on topic, are there any good sites for parts in general for suspension. Sorry I'm a noob to the BMW world. I just bought my 1er I'm February. Y previous car was a RSX Type-S so I don't even know where to begin. My original plans were to do an all motor build but after seeing that there aren't too many parts around I got discouraged. Idk if Cams were discussed earlier but are there any available?
I remember that C&D article. It was talked about extensively on several Corvette sites Im a member. The Z06 was wearing Cup tires. They offer a huge advantage on the track and results are always faster times. In fact, the Z06 'Carbon Edition' shaved 12 seconds off its Ring time with little more than switching to the Cups. Putting those tires on our cars would make us all better drivers.
Why they used verts(Base, GS) for track testing, I'll never know. Kinda shows right there, they're not serious about being keeping all equal.
Again, testing on one day, on one track doesnt prove anything in the long run.
Oh, and I'll take the C6R for myself.
Appreciate 0