View Single Post
      06-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #66
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTX View Post
Have you ever actually sat in a 1-series? The back seat is far from being as bad as you maintain....
Well, that's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it, but every single reviewer of the 1 series I have read - and I have read virtually everything in English out there - would disagree. "Only suitable for pets and young children" "for the limbless" "emergencies only" etc.
Quote:
I feel that you don't really get what BMW is trying to do with this model. They are not just trying to develop a low slung coupe, they are trying to develop a model that will harken back to some of the most popular and nostalgic models BMW imported to the states (especially in the minds of enthusiasts). Remember, this model is being built SPECIFICALLY for the US market.
You keep repeating this but provide NO evidence (in the form of quotes etc.) to back up this claim. The quote I saw on this forum and elsewhere from a BMW US exec made it clear that they were trying to return to the performance parameters of the earlier models you mention (agility, lower weight, smaller size), but there was no mention made of emulating the look of these earlier models.
Appreciate 0