03-05-2012, 09:01 AM   #36
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
There are certain things worth of monitoring... RPM, oil/water temp, etc.
Things that you can do something about. Things that affect your driving style.
Boost? Sure, if you installed a non-OEM turbo, I can see where you want to monitor it, if for nothing else, just to help you sleep at night knowing that it's still working.
But a factory turbo, one that is supposed to be transparent? What can you do about it? Why is it crucial to know what boost number you're running while driving?
It's like monitoring the battery voltage. Some older cars used to come with that guage. Why did they stop? Yeah, nice to know, but what do you do about it while driving?

Like I said, for a hundred bucks, maybe. It's something to watch for entertainment.
But $500? No, thank you. I'm not that OCD.
That's based on an assumption that one is running stock or nearly stock boost etc. There are those of us running aftermarket tunes and are constantly tweaking boost levels amount many other things; This is still on the stock turbos. That's where this gauge would come in handy, esp with the piggy backs where boost is dynamically raised or lowered by the tune based on running conditions at that moment. It's helpful to know whether or not our settings are being hit.

The other parameters you mentioned worth monitoring are also displayable through this gauge as well.

U WOT M8?
Appreciate 0