View Single Post
      02-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #9
hokejka
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Past: 135i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbudgethero View Post
I've also heard of people killing a differential every season of tracking, helical works under acceleration which is all that I require

I found a never installed full pumpkin unit that someone was selling because they were selling their car as well. I paid less than 1000 i believe for a full pumpkin (mfactory).

It should be $1759.96 + $500 refundable core for the m factory unit. That's an entire pumpkin shipped to you then you ship the old pumpkin back. The OSGiken is 3,324.00 + a 1,500 dollar core charge from Turner for the same deal, a clutch diff is nice but not for nearly 2x the price.
Mfactory quoted me 2200 for exactly what you said. I guess prices have gone up?I also have low miles so I wouldn't be excited to have an LSD rebuilt into potentially a 100k mile core when my 25k mile core goes to someone else.

I have been doing some research and it seems some people complain of OSG drivability. Lot of clunking at low speeds and some noise. I don't mind a bit but I do want the car relatively tame. I don;t understand why this is so, a lot of old BMWs came standard with LSDs and were a non-issue(less % lock but still LSD, 70% is pretty good for a treat car). M cars come standard with LSDs and are very tame and drivable.

OSG from VAC is 3300 +900 refundable core. If mfactory was 1800 or they had a special like they did on black friday then its a strong consideration. Almost half the cost.

Anyone running an OSG??
Appreciate 0