and 1
winter mode
Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
Started this write up last week but never finished it. Better late than never soooooooo here we go
----------------
WAT
KINS
GLEN

Wow what an amazing time! Everyone I’ve talked to said I’d love it and DAMN were they right! I’m hooked BAD

I left right from work on Friday with my buddy jarred in his m coupe. Thanks to some fugly traffic, we didn't get to the hotel in the glen until like 1230. Getting up at 6am the next morning was rough to say the least, but the adrenaline definitely kept me going

Beautiful time to be in upsate NY with all the rolling hills, lakes, and foliage starting to turn. The scenery as you turn in to turn 1 was something else

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DRIVING?? Holy crap what a rush! Squeeze on the power going up the esses, really feel that weight shift back and forth. Track driving really is a test of how ballsy you’re willing to be, and you have to really tiptoe up to the limit because the consequences are obviously way higher if you overdo it. And the 1 felt WAY better on the track compared to autocross, definitely more composed and in her element. But I’m sure as I start to push it harder, that opinion will change. Hopefully by then she’ll be a little better set up

I didn’t run into the brake issues that Larry had, but I only ran the HP+ on my second day. I probably wasn’t charging as hard as he was, so I doubt I built up as much heat. With that said, I did get a little fade at the end of some of the long braking zones, especially when I was given a couple of wicked late point bys…

Speaking of which, I’m proud to say that on my student evaluation, I received an N/A on the question on giving point bys, with a note “fastest in group”! I got signed off on my second day and recommended for B next year! The only thing I had a little trouble with was adjusting my braking and turn in for late entries….see note about late point bys.

The power of the 1 with the JB3 was amazing too….helped me pass a lot of people down the straights

Watching the club race was pretty awesome as well…..even better was the lapping with Herr Schoerrmeister. All I can say is DAMN! It really REALLY makes me want to get a dedicated track car, strip it down and just go balls out with it

Ok that oughta be enough for now

Appreciate 0