View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I'm too young for kids so I can't speak there but it certainly ticks all the boxes for fun and performance.

There aren't really many things wrong with this car other than ignition and fuel related issues such as injectors, high pressure fuel pump and coil packs but I don't know a modern car without some sort of weak spot around those areas (certainly Audi are no better). I'd ask to see the recall and warranty history on the car as most of those problems should have been covered already and would be interesting to see what it has had. Other than that the turbocharger wastegates can rattle but that's very audible on deceleration, kind of rattle snake like. Bascially take it for a drive and see what's what, use your ears to listen for abnormal sounds and don't let your heart cloud the judgement of your head (you'll surely love it even if it had faults).

Check when the next services are due via the iDrive or OBC to guage future costs. Also take a look at the brakes as these aren't cheap to replace.

After all the above has been said though, bare in mind that you'll have CPO warranty and piece of mind for 12mths to get any niggles sorted out. The car is low mileage so potential common component failure as I've mentioned may not have had a chance to happen yet. which you'll praise the warranty for.
Appreciate 0