08-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLW View Post
Can anyone recommend a brand of sheepskin mit for car washing? Preferably something that can be ordered over the internet (my local car stores are just terrible).

Also, is it acceptable to hit my car with Megs QD before applying two bucket method? I know that I'm not supposed to scrub at ALL with the mit, but I'm thinking that maybe this could help to loosen some of the worst grime so that I won't have to go back and attack it again afterwards...

Thanks!

Go to autogeek.net, the sheepskin wash mit they sell is by far the best quality I've found. I would recommend a couple sheepskin wash mits in your wash bucket, one for the top/trunk/hood and upper area's of the sides of your car. Then another sheepskin for the lower areas, nose, back. I would not use the Meqs QD spray before you wash. Just rinse the car off really well, then get your wash mits really soaked in your favorite car wash soap. Use really light pressure when using the mits, just let them glide, then rinse in your rinse bucket.

Ensure at the end of your wash day you rinse your sheepskin mits in clean water then let them air dry. I made the mistake of leaving them in my wash bucked with a sealed lid, and ruined two mits.