View Single Post
      09-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #10
Metralha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d E81 - 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztereoid View Post
Well, The 116d isn't a fast car. I wanted something that runs really cheap but still drives well and looks good. And since I'm a BMW fanatic, the choice wasn't hard.
Since the 116d has the same 2 liter engine as the more powerful models it's quite fast. It has 260Nm of Torque and that's good in such a small car. I mostly drive at 80kmh on my way to work and the overtaking performance is absolutely satisfactory. But I'm thinking about software tuning it to 177hp/360Nm. I'm only concerned about my guarantees.

/M
Its funny...people buy a 116d because they are cheaper and more economic...afterwards they want to remap...its always the some...LOL....

its impossible to have a 116d with the some performance of a 120d with just a remap...also longevity of the motor will not be the some....

I just installed the BMW performance power kit in my 120d... why they change along with ECU the IC + powerful fan + (in my case the torque convertor) ....I know that with a normal remap i would get more power and torque...but I want also warranty and reliability ...something you will not have in a 116d remapped for the same values of 120d....

you should bought a 120d or at least a 118d if the purpose was performance.

cheers,.

Appreciate 0