10-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #12
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Sounds like killing a fly with a shotgun. My rear wheels are 17x8.5 et 44, and I had a slight roll done in the rear. I experienced some rubbing with 255/40 Hankook tires. So depending on the tire that you have, sounds like probably you would rub. No need to go back to the shop and check the alignment.

You could max out camber. You could roll you fenders. Don't think subframe bushings are going to do anything with your issue. Don't think you would want to make just the rear stiffer, unless you are talking about some of the squirm and wiggle in the rear. Then I take back my last statement, get the rear subframe bushings, but that still won't help your rubbing issue. It all just seems like overkill.

The answer is simple: take out the spacers! If you really like the look of the wheels being pushed further towards the fender, then just get smaller spacers.

Assuming you changed your suspension and put 255/35 tires in the rear with performance in mind, maximizing camber just for the sake of fitting wheels will not help performance. Getting a proper alignment would be a great addition however, which you received with your suspension, so no need to change it.

My .02

Tim