View Single Post
      02-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Joseph View Post
materials = cost...depends on what price point you want to be in.

any thoughts of going with a Y from downpipe to a single pipe? maybe oval pipe? (assuming it will lower the weight)
precisely why I was asking.... I dont want to spend extra $$ on this project to just save a few pounds because I think an Akra is in the immediate future for me. However if it will impact the sound I will consider it.

As far as the Y near the DPs... well to get the volume (3 dimensional space not decibals) of two 2.5 diameter pipes I would need a single 3.75 inch pipe. I dont know how easily that will fit in the space. I dont want to stray from the round piping because I dont know how that affects turbulence and flow. If you or anyone has expertise in the area and can show me the benefits of it I will consider it.

There is significant weight saved between the OEM mid pipe and these, but yes there are a few pounds that can still be saved by going with a different material (Ti) or single larger pipe. I just dont know if the $$ or trouble is worth it for those last few pounds, especially as I said an Akra is most likely right around the corner.

Last edited by Papethova; 02-05-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0