ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by And1M View Post
Hey guys,

I am looking at changing to Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 tyres but the load ratings are slightly lower at 93 front and 94 rear, even though the speed rating is still the same (Y). My understanding is these tyres are going to be OEM fitment on the newly sold (still current) M3's in Australia.

Is this going to be a problem on my 1M?

Andrew
Not ideal on paper but I doubt there can be any real problems. Think this way; the same PS2 tires were used on M3 which is quite heavier than a 1M but they shared the same load rating tires. Why? Because it is easier and cheaper to keep just one tire in stock for similar models for factories even if they weigh differently. Now, under normal conditions you shouldn't have any issues because even those new ratings should cover your car's weight.

There is one possibility though, if you track your 1M heavily under certain conditions there will be extreme weight transferences on one or two tires. That comes to mind.

I was very curious about that new Goodyear too, they should be good in wet. Not sure if they are a perfect choice for 1M but if you try them you can tell us.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0