View Single Post
      05-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #16
bet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Are you looking to buy new or used? What is your Budget? What are you looking for in the car? 4 seats? Handling? Ride? Modification potential? 0-60 rocket? Compromise of all these? How you answer that will really determine whether the 135i is the car for you? For example, if you don't need 4 seats, are looking for handling and are looking to spend $45k, then I would tell you skip the new 135i, and look at used cars...as there are better used vehicles in the same price range IMO (i.e. Cayman S - which from a purely handling/drivers car the Cayman S can't be beat). The the Porsche's after market mods are very expensive and not much performance from a HP perspective is to be had without significant changes like super charger/turbo.

However, if you are looking for something different than the STI and want to modify the vehicle and are looking to spend $30k and want 4 seats, a used 135i could be a great choice. It offers a set up in luxury and fit and finish than the STI and it has a pretty good after market following. You just need to drive and decide. An Audi TT would be interesting also (if you want to keep the awd but want to add some luxury..after market mods can be expensive though).

You want luxury, handling and vert?... how about a Boxster S (same after market comments as with the Cayman). Depending on $$ you want to spend there are lots of choices. Just my $.02