View Single Post
      03-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #214
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post

I always get a kick out of how some people complain about the inside of an Evo like its a Geo Metro or something. Pretty silly. Its only $33k, not $40k. Again, people looking for a performance car usually dont care about luxury crap, just adds weight :biggrin:

That ^^ is a flawed concept.

The premise for an EVo or an STI is that they are a Lancer and an Impreza. Nothing is wrong with that, the price is strictly incurred because of the pricey engine and performance modification added to the base car.

It's not hard to hit that particular performance/Price gap. Given the minimum "performance" most people want, the higher up you go in the price scale the more engineering is showcased. The BMW 135 is a prime example of this.

The 135i has a 6 cylinder, 10 speakers, full leather, real wood trim, etc and weighs less than the EVO and STI. BMW wasn't trying to make a rally car or to even compete with such vehicles. If they were, then they wouldn't have designed it so upright. The 135i is a perfect GT. But with that extra $$ you do get a more refined car that is capable of invading in on the rally car segment.

That said, the Lancer/Impreza is way down the list when talking about quality and interior, specially when holding it to BMW's watermark!
Appreciate 0