BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
+ Automatic tranny (great for drag racing) with LSD so you're good to go there
+ Coilovers - You can look at firming up the rear by fitting much stiffer springs to the KWs
+ Suspension - You can look at replacing all bushings with solid alloy
+ Ditch the 19" wheels for drag racing, they are shit. Go with Kosei K1-Racing 17" and the Hoosiers to suit (as documented elsewhere)

Should give you potential for 1.6 short time. Will carve at least half a second off your ET with same power.
Thanks for the tips Kenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf2002 View Post
this drag stuff seems complicated stuff ... i'd like to come and watch sometime.
Not hard at all. It just takes patience and practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha3l View Post
Nice time Vin!

Cracking that 11 second barrier is definitely tough on street tyres! Took me 3 trips to Willowbank before finally cracking it! 60ft is sufficient to get you there (mine was 1.857), but really need to increase the trap speed.

Drag radials or Race Fuel should see you there

Richard, I have no idea how you get your 60ft times! On the RE-11's if I rev it to what you do, it spins on the spot and all the way through 1st!

Don't think I will be out again until I get a set of drag rims, keep telling myself they arent needed though :P
Thanks Michael. Yes if the traps were a bit higher, say 115-117mph I would already be there

I'll eventually get DR's as well but I'd like to run consistent 11s on street tyres. I think that's a pretty big achievement as there's not too many cars on the street that can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
My pressure was at 27Psi...

Michael, has to be the tyres. I think the highest i launched was about 2300rpm with no wheel spin. Sure pushed me back into my seat though!
2300rpm! In my car brake-boosting at 2300rpm = burnout!
Appreciate 0