View Single Post
      02-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Berk resonated midpipes

Installed these this weekend. Install is extremely simple and if you can figure out how to use a jack and jack stands you will have no problems installing these. I highly recommend this as a do it yourself job.

I’m pretty happy with the results. I already knew it wouldn’t be a night and day transformation but what it did do I am very happy with. The car is a bit louder. Inside the car you can hear the exhaust a bit more, it’s definitely not loud though. Outside the car it's evident something has changed. Reving the engine and dropping to idle produces a slight burble now. Unfortunately you need to windows down to hear. Also, when high in the rpm range the car is a lot more vocal.

As for performance this is where I’m most impressed. I’ve never been happy with the upper end of 3rd gear in this car. First and second aren’t bad approaching redline but 3rd just sucks. The car always feels like it doesn’t want to get to redline in 3rd. With the new midpipes this is substantially reduced. The car just pulls harder in the upper rpm range in 3rd gear. I think the stock midpipes created a lot of back pressure and this is what was preventing the car from wanting to rev. Suddenly, highway on ramps are a lot more fun!

Last edited by robertm; 02-07-2012 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0