Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
Mitch,

Hard to input too much on the situation. We do what we can to prep the FRP as best as we can before shipping, in contrast to most companies which give you a purely fiberglass piece that has NO prep on it whatsoever, or very poor prep at the best. FRP pieces require quite a bit of prep before shooting it with paint, and we’d be more than happy to prep it for you, but I know you prefer to do all the prep and paint yourself.

Honestly, we’ll probably discontinue doing FRP because of situations like this – it leaves our customers with a sour taste in their mouths, which leaves us feeling the same, when in reality what we do and do better than anyone else is carbon fiber. Carbon Fiber is nice and smooth when painted, so we’ll just offer that in the future.

If at any point you want us to prep and paint, we can definitely do that for you - our offer still stands
Thanks for the response.

Just for the record, I don't fault anything iCarbon did in terms of production, it's just sort of the nature of fiberglass pieces sometimes. Can't always tell how any inside structures may become visible on the outside when the piece is conformed during installation.

iCarbon is a great company to deal with, and for a less-than-carbon price for these pieces, I'd still recommend anyone contact them

In other news, I got the alcantara steering wheel cover tonight.

Here's a crappy out of the box photo:

Hope to get some daylight installed photos soon

Appreciate 0