07-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #28
jerra-roo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i and X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Pics please? I have a BSM as well and need some inspiration! PM if you want

Also, don't increase the height... can you roll the fenders more? Have you thought about pulling it slightly? If you're back up in Sydney I can recommend a great business to do the aforementioned modifications I'll even do mine at the same time hehe
Woosh, thanks for the recommended fender mods. I had my fender rolled before when I put on the 265 rear. Anyway, up on the hoist today I found it was rubbing on the inside guard material (not the metal fender itself) which was trimmed when the guard was rolled. I re-trimmed a bit more and she's all good now. Will try to post some pics when suspension settled, realigned and gets a wash.

But, I got another problem with my KW install. The left rear is 10mm taller with everything set and installed exactly the same (checked over and over 3 times, 100% installed the same and springs sat neatly on the original bottom support). My mechanic reckons it could be the spring height difference. Anyway the left rear was readjusted by turning the purple disc to match the right side. Will keep on eye on it as the springs settle in the next 500km. Can anyone think of what else it might be?
Appreciate 0