View Single Post
      05-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #1
baduncadonk
Former 2002tii Owner
Rep
Drives:

My tii wheels are almost here -- HELP!

My BMW Performance "tii" wheels are on a UPS truck, on their way from Leith BMW.

The tii wheels are going on my 135i (along with H&R swaybars and KW v2 coilovers) before I leave on June 1st to solo-drive my 1 from San Francisco to North Carolina, Virginia, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, and then back to San Francisco by June 21st.

Can anyone give a recommendation as to whether I should switch my stock tires (with just 1,500 miles on them) over to the new tii rims, or should I buy a fresh set of new tires for the tii rims? I am not really worried about cost of buying new tires--if there is a really good reason not to reuse the stock tires on the new wheels, I can always just keep the stock tires and stock wheels in the garage for some future use.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, does anyone have a cogent recommendation as to whether I should just put OEM run-flat tires on the new tii wheels, or should I switch to another tire model entirely--maybe even a non-RF tire?

Please keep in mind that this car is a daily-driver and I sometimes drive to odd places in the middle of nowhere. I am pretty sure I don't want to deal with flatting a non-RF tire in Death Valley with no spare in the trunk. Is there a workable solution that would let me run on PS2 tires, but not live in fear of waiting hours for a tow truck in brutal heat/cold?

Thanks so much to everyone who takes the time to read the preceding and give an opinion!

:roundel:

RIP: '08 BMW 135i -- Vishnu, Riss intake, H&R sways, KW Variant 2 coilovers, Sprintbooster, Riss Racing catted downpipes, BMW Performance exhaust, tii wheels, cross-drilled rotors, M door sills, 8500K Angel Eyes, etc.
Appreciate 0