07-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
alvitdk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Smile Spyder Headlights

Finally received my Spyder headlights with Xenon and Angle eyes.

Review:

Build quality is actually quite good, nothing to complain at all. The Angle Eyes are as suggested not as bright as OEM and the LED's are build in. I think they could be changed as they are soldered in, but for now I don't feel like taking the lights apart. Nice and bright at night, in daylight not so much but still visible.

I ordered them at 360Tuning as they were the only once offering them with a Xenon modul which will throw no error message in my OEM halogen setup car.

I coded out the orange signals during DLR and added a LED strip on top of the headlights, not sure yet if I keep it or if it looks a bit ricy. What do you guys think?

Installation was straight forward even though getting the bumper of is a PISA. The angle eye LED had to be wired separately and since I wanted them to glow day and night, I coded the DRL to not using the high beams dimmed but the little parking light. I than disconnected the parking light and connected the Angel eyes and the LED eyebrow strip to it. No error at all, and if I would set the bulb check to nicht_avtiv. Anyway, there are also two little bright white LED's in between the low and high beam with I wired as DRL, so it's a bit brighter in daylight.

Also Drive: 22' Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Waiting for 23' BMW Z4 M40i:
Appreciate 0