05-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #1309
Beerchan
Hack
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
I'm currently running the 4.01 Beta Stage 2+. Sometimes I notice when I'm starting from a stop and just driving normally, if I creep up to 3k RPM in second gear (maybe 20-30% throttle, I'll have to check next time) and then floor it, it just sounds loud but doesn't go anywhere. Feels like it has no power. But as soon as I'll shift into 3rd gear from 2nd in that scenario, all the power is there and wham, getting thrown into the back of my seat. However, if I just floor it immediately as I come into second without letting it creep up in the RPMs a bit first (not being light on the gas at all), then there's absolutely no issue with power delivery. Is this an issue with turbo setups, some sort of consequence of the way I'm driving it? Or is it possibly a problem with the Cobb 4.01 Beta? I also noticed the same thing when I was running the 4.01 stage 1.
I am running 4.0.1 beta, stage one and I have the same issue, part throttle acceleration is almost never "smooth", there always seems to be a bit of hesitation, then wham, I get a kick in the pants. It feels like driving my old RX7 FD when the second turbo would kick in at 4k RPM. Full throttle seems to be somewhat better, but it still hesitates on occasion. I never get any codes and I've changed out the plugs only a few K ago. The 3.01 maps were actually a bit worse, but that was before I got the plugs changed, so that could have exacerbated it. Flashing back to stock, everything is fine, silky smooth and strong. The only thing I ever notice in the logs is the "Load Actual" will often shoot well past the "Load Requested" and the "TSP Actual %" will dive down as the ECU cuts the gas. Is this just a symptom of the load targeting method that the Cobb/BMW is using and Cobb is just not quite there yet with balancing the power? I do have 56k on the motor and I'm going to look into getting the valves cleaned, maybe that will help. I'm tempted to switch to GIAC to see if their tune is better with my car. I'd be sad at losing the ability to remove the flash, adjust maps and log though. I'm holding out hope for a fix with the final 4.0.x maps.
Appreciate 0