View Single Post
      08-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #22
evobda2
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
In case you didn't know, there is no such thing as a 1M badge, what he has used above is what distinguishes a 1M from any other 1er. It is a simple ///M badge off another ///M car and is a fake, just like a watch bought in Beijing.
I think your missing the point here.. the badge doesn't distinguish the 1M from the others. It simply has an M badge on the back to represent the M tuning it has. The 1M obviously having quiet a bit of it.
Not that im saying that guy has M tuning or whatever. Its obviously not a 1M. But then i dont think he's trying to say it is.

Like i said even my lowly 120D M-sport has the "M" badge scattered everywhere from factory. It doesnt mean its trying to be anything it isn't, or is a fake? But obviously the 1M or M3 etc aren't the only cars now that have the exclusive M badge everywhere. BMW simply doesn't do it like that anymore.

At the end of the day people are always going do stuff like this for whatever reasons. Is it really worth worrying about to the point you post their car and rego number on a public forum? I dont think so.
Appreciate 0