View Single Post
      01-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
my car is not a daily driver... so I notice the oil service interval quite a bit when I get in the car and start it up.... So... if you have had your 1200 mile service.... how many miles are you at... and has anyone gotten to their second service yet?

Will BMW pay for as many oil services as the car dictates while in the warranty period? I have around 3600 miles currently... but I have noticed that each track day weekend seems to drop my anticipated oil change interval down about 3000-3500 miles... Because of this.... my current range to next oil service is around 4K miles... down from the original 15,000 that it indicated after my last service.

Another track day or two and my car will be calling for it's second oil change well before 5K miles...
I now have 9,000 miles on my 1M and the service indicator is suggesting the next oil change in 2,800 miles.

In addition to the "break-in" oil service at 1,200 miles, I did an additional oil change around 4,500 given my use of the car.

In any event, I'm going to try to talk my dealer into doing the second scheduled oil change a bit early as I'm heading down to VIR for my first track event of the year on Feb. 24.

Neil
Appreciate 0