12-28-2010, 06:29 AM   #109
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I expected more gains from the bolt-on's as well considering everyone speaks so highly of the downpipes.

Based on Kenny's total gain of 25kw from his bolt-on setup my guess would be the downpipes would be roughly 15kw (20whp), the FMIC would be around 5kw (7whp), and the midpipes would be around 5kw (7whp). I doubt the axel back section gives any gains at all.

I came up with the 5kw for the midpipes because Maddad did a dyno for their resonated midpipes and gained 10whp (7kw) on a stock car. I think this would be more like 5kw on the dynos that we use.

This is how I think the gains are distributed from what I've read and I have no facts to back anything up though
Hard to say dude, but remember that is a 25 rwkw gain OVER the gain from a PROcede. If you went stock to full boltons you might find a different gain. I never tried that combination and unfortunately not many people document their builds with a dyno at multiple steps along the way or on the same dyno.

My advice is go PROcede and methanol kit first before thinking of boltons. They would be the last thing given they're lowest bang for the buck. However the result sounds better and is more responsive to drive.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0