View Single Post
      06-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #131
silvrevo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235v 6spd

Guys this is GREAT info !!!!!!!!!

I was looking to get back into a BMW, had a '07 335i back in '07.

I have a ZX10r I like to do a few track days a year with. And only like to have one vehicle. So I have been looking into a Hitch for the '13 135i.

I called the big 3 hitch dealers, and almost gave up. Then one said Curtis makes one for the 135i, but only goes up to model year 2011.
So I then went and tested out a 135i vert, LOVED it! Then it was to the Technician, and then the parts department. I asked if anything in the rear, ie , gas tank or mountings have changed since 2011. He said Nope. COOL !

Then onto the Parts department guy,,, here is where it all fell apart.

He said, what are you going to do for a wiring harness, where are you going to tap in? O O ! I didn't even think of that. He then said with the Bimmers being so sensitive, your going to have major electrical troubles.. So that shot that idea down.

I then went home, called Uhaul and asked them about renting their truck and if they had theirs set up for towing a trailer. They said YES,, okay problem solved.

Until I came upon this thread!

Now........ can anyone confirm that the Curtis hitch will work on a 2013 135i?
Here is a picture of my trailer setup. Its a Snoway, and Pitbull rear tire mount.

Trailer weighs 566lbs, bike is about 430 wet. And gas, tools about 100lbs. So I'm good with being under 2000lbs.. and tongue weight being 12% of total trailer weight, is under 200lbs!!!!!! I did have to ask and figure out the tongue weight thing!

Wow I did a lot of work in the past 2 days.
Appreciate 0