View Single Post
      08-30-2009, 03:49 AM   #24
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I had my wheels off today (painting the calipers) and looked at the tires. The wear rating was 240 (Goodyears). It seems like that may be higher than some of you with quick replacements.

My SUV is my first independant rear end rear wheel drive vehicle. My 128 is my second. My SUV definitely wears the rears harder. It's interesting to hear Tom say bimmers do to. It seems a little odd but what about swapping the fronts to the rear? I have the sport pack so they are not the same size but I think the fronts are wide enough for the 128. Might not be worth the trouble and slightly odd look but I like it when all 4 wear out at the same time.

Jim
The powered/driving wheels will always wear quicker as they do the work to move the car. In a FWD the fronts wear quicker as they are the driven tires. AWD cars tend to have less uneven wear, but even in my AWD A4, the rears wore a bit more than the fronts, but since they were the same size all around, I balanced the wear with proper rotation every 6 months.
Appreciate 0