View Single Post
      02-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #21
cedavis34
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I did not worry about it because I did not have much "crud' down there in the holes on my car. I think if I did... yea... I would jurry rig something up with a vacuum cleaner. Maybe take a small paper tube or plastic tube from a hardware store. I think most techs just jam new plugs in the car without giving this a second thought. You could always use some compressed air shot down the holes to remove the "crud".

As for your mouse damage... be carefull, espcially under the engine(belly pan) where the wires for the O2 sensor and oil level sensors are. These rodents can do major damage. The Germans hang toilet bowl cleaners under the engine hood or even have these electronic boxes that "chirp" high freq that drive these chewing annimals away.
I ended up not doing much about the crud, for number 4 I used the house vac because it had a smaller nozzle, and it appeared to get some of it, but not all. Number 5 had a smaller amount, so I gave it a blast from my lungs, and number 6 had even fewer still, so I did nothing.

I fired the car up without the engine cover on, and I can't believe how loud the engine was without that cover and the associated foam. I build Hondas for a living, and our little 4's do not have any sound deadening like that around the engine, and they do not make anywhere near that amount of noise. I know I'm talking about completely different ends of the spectrum for engines, but wow. For it's part, the foam does a great job blocking the noise.

I need to try and find the pin removal tool for our coils so I can pull the wires and get some heat shrink around them. One wire is kind of bad, the rest just have little grooves. I tried cutting spirals into the heat shrink, but when heated they just unraveled. I think they'll be ok for the time being, because I think the damage probably happened two years ago when I lived next to a cornfield and drove my S2000 a lot more frequently. I've never seen any mouse droppings at my new house, so my guess is it's been like that for 2 years. That's at least what I'll tell myself so I don't worry too much.

Thanks again for the write-up. It worked great!

Now it's time to go downtown for the Super Bowl. Go Giants!
Appreciate 0