12-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #252
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW50 View Post
Positive. You can hear an immediate difference in the exhaust note after the clank noise. I bought the car used, so that may have an impact on it. Isn't there a way to modify the actuation via coding/reflash?
I actually have a feeling that it may be the flap closing rather than opening.

When your car is cold starting there's a lot more exhaust flow and I think it's actually keeping it open to allow that flow and it closes once it's warmed up.

Of course I'm not 100% sure of this but it seems to make more sense than if it were to open up after cold starting when idling.

Someone told me that the JB4 can do the 'golf tee' mod through its software but I have a procede so I really have no idea.

If you coded it or flashed it it would be pretty much permanent until you un-code or flash it back to stock. With this mod there is a certain level of drone present when at highway speeds so it would be better not to be permanent.

Try my way if you want to give it a go. It's really really cheap, quick and easy and works exactly the same as opposed to pulling this out, plugging that, tieing the other thing, etc etc.