View Single Post
      02-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

iCARBON Mirror Overlays Fitment

I went to install iCARBON CF overlays and was surprised that the fitment was off. My overlays don't seem to cover the entire mirror cover no matter how much pressure I apply or which angle I come from. It seems to be short by a good couple millimetres all the way around. The left mirror overlay fitment seems a lot worse than my right mirror overlay.

As you can see in the photos there is a significant gap between the CF overlays and the mirror cover. I've attached photos of my mirrors covers as they've been scratched from forcing fitment of the CF overlays which are too small. I think that if I use any kind of double sided tape the mirror overlay covers will look even more out of place as you can already see the white edging of my original mirrors. The mirror covers in this thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...68#post6413468 seem to be a much better fit than mine and the gap is much smaller.

I've emailed iCarbon and awaiting their response. I have some issues with my CF lip as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0