View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #10
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

b m w c o d i n g. c o m (eliminate the spaces) will give you the information you seek. I paid about $100 for a cable and downloaded the software. I have not had to replace my battery yet but I've programmed my convertible to lower the top with the key fob (I do not have comfort access), I've programmed my car to unlock the doors when I remove the key, my windows roll up if I hold the "raise" button for the top for a few more seconds, etc..

The primary software is NCSExpert. The process is not very intuitive but it is also not very hard. I downloaded a tutorial which I still use when making changes. It is very important to do the right things in the right order. The changes possible for the battery include switching type (mat or wet) and size. But there are not an infinite variety of sizes available.

You'll also need a laptop capable of running software intended for an old PC operating system. It seems like newer operating systems will run it from the reports I've read.

Coding is very frustrating when you do something wrong and it just won't work. When you get it right, it is pretty quick and easy.

Jim