View Single Post
      09-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #30
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
That is providing it is I true stock car, I know many that are on the market now were modded and put back to stock to be sold.

If you own one of these cars you are a car enthusiast why would you not mod it

If the mods have been done using quality parts and by a shop that has some idea you would save yourself a heap of $ by purchasing a modded car.

We all know how good these cars/engines are, I would sooner have a car that has had a service every 5/7,000km and owned by a enthusiast than one that has had Mr BMW wave its bullshit magic wand over once a year and tell you the oil is fine I fined these cars are always a bit knocked around and given the big tidy up to be sold.

Just have it checked out or pay the price
that's true

no chance i'm not changing all the 'lifetime fill' fluids ASAP

the guy we're buying off definitely isn't a car enthusiast though, unless he was a very good liar haha - especially with dust being on all the bolts (intake/exhaust) i could see, leads me to believe they are either untouched (recently) or very elaborately reinstalled... OBD port didn't look touched any time recently for a flash either

i couldn't see any on carsales at least that gave 'value for money' purely on mods either

i'd rather than anything have one unmodified and ALSO serviced well before interval :P

on the other hand... 'enthusiast' and doesn't mean 'well modified and maintained' either :/

Last edited by flinchy; 09-16-2013 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0