Wescuddles
Captain
Rep
Drives: bsm 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MonsterNtheMaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescuddles View Post
I prefer real bbs. Nonetheless, nice ride.
I prefer cost effective "BBS"; no work in pulling/rolling fenders, non re-drilling Jap BBS to make it fit, and no freak outs if my shiny new wheels get dinged/chipped while driving. I paid 1/3 the price of real BBS and got the look I wanted out of a quality, reputable dealer in BavX. I can allocate the rest of the money I would have spent on products that actually make driving more enjoyable, i.e.->m3 suspension bits or bolt-ons

saying my ride is nice despite it being "fake"---thanks broski

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldunwoody View Post
I think I've posted here about twice, but I am wondering how on earth you picked your rims with the infamous 135i brake dust. My wheels drive me crazy. Do you have a secret to keeping your supershiny rims clean?
Thanks for appreciating the shine!

The consensus option around here is Cool Carbon brake pads (I don't have them, or anything special for that matter--still stock under there) But any ceramic based pad is going to be quieter ( the annoying squealing drives me nuts and is next on my list of things to cross off) and produce a lot less dust than the stock ones. EBC Yellowstuff, Cool Carbons, and Stop Tech is what I'm weighing between. I have a few thousand miles left I can get away with the stockers but when I switch I'll give a write up review about whatever I choose--although I'm sure a quick search can pull up results instantly as this has been a problem since BMW thought to put 6 piston calipers on. Great stopping power and bite, but so much surface area to flake from
To each their own man. I'm refinishing a set of RS's for about $2300 all in. Light weight proven strength and 3 piece ftw. You take care of the wheels like you take care of your car and they'll be fine. If you're going to be upgrading your suspension I'd get some lightweight track wheels as well - lugging those things around the track would be risky.

No hate just some friendly criticism. Carry on
Appreciate 0