View Single Post
      11-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #72
verdespider
verdespider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

The 128i with 6speed manual transmission is a blast to drive. Mine has only sport package (not M), comfort access and moonroof. It was on the lot already, and I probably wouldn't have ordered it with the comfort access package but I honestly love it now and am glad I have it. As for HID lights, I don't miss them. Auto dim mirrors, happy I don't have them. Also, the loaner car I had with iDrive confirmed that the base head unit is all that is needed. I do wish it had Bluetooth, but I was finally able to completely solve that issue.h

This car is crazy fun to drive. The manual transmission transforms the car, especially with the sport suspension. The loaner 128i with auto (any) was a big disappointment to me, I realize why the offer the 135i here is mostly to compensate for the auto transmission. My 2011 came in around $33k which is crazy considering what that gets you elsewhere. A lot of the features are just not needed is what I leaned from my car. Things I thought I wanted are just not necessary.

Getting the 6 speed manual however is a must ... and I live in NYC and commute 80+ miles a day. Funny thing is that I put my car in gear and use the gas pedal to regulate my speed - evy automatic drive in front of me is on the gas & brake constantly. All over the world has worse traffic than the US and they all drive cars with standard transmissions ... food for thought.
Appreciate 0