View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
The Z is vertically challenged, so it is impossible to access the front central jacking point w/out jacking up the side and then getting another jack underneath the car to jack up the center.

You don't release the jack immediately there is no problem. I have to do the rear in a similar fashion, where I have to jack where the bolts are for the rear torsion bars. By jacking the once side (seen in picture below) I'm able to get the other side up to throw a jack under, and then let the car down and throw a jack in on the otherside.

I may want to add, always throw the wheels underneath the car.

That is not what you recommended to the OP...you told them to put a jack stand under the diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awns729 View Post
I may just get little wood blocks cut for me to use my jackstands on the rear side jack slots. Then jack up from the rear diff. I think that would be the safest/easiest (after getting the wood cut), and would be the least chance of scuffing any metal up.
That is exactly what I've done....got a 4"x6"x8' and cut it in to 8 pieces and stagger them. If I don't have to take the wheels off, I put wheel chocks in front of the front tires, put on the e-brake...jack up with the diff, and place the blocks under the rear tires.
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 0