08-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
SinCalgary
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i DCT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX135i View Post
On four occasions this week, when trying to pull out into or across traffic, my car acts like it has no initial throttle response. So I push harder, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 pedal and it takes off like a bottle rocket. Took it in today for an oil change and to check this out, and of course they can't reproduce it. My car also had the stalling and fluctuating idle problem a few months back (still has fluctuating idle), and I was told at the time after bitching about it that the field rep said new S/W was being released in July to fix it. The same dumbass SA tells me today that there is no known S/W fix in work. I reminded him of the previous conversation and he acted like he had no idea. Pisses me off. But the reason for the post was to see if anyone was experiencing initial throttle response delays like this. Each time the car was warm, in sport mode (DCT) and from a dead stop. I actually felt a bit of panic because it was like there was no response at all, then boom! I love the car but this stupid crap and the dumbass SA are really getting to me!
Pasted this from a previous thread I replied to on this issue.

"I had these issues myself since getting the recall software update last year. AC on gave me idle surge when coming to a stop and the occasional stall as well. Throttle lag at a slow roll was downright dangerous. I took my car in three times in three weeks for it and on the final time they had the part in to replace my gearshift(Wasn't returning to neutral position when car was shut off/put in park)

In doing this the work order states "Removed Centre Console and replaced GWS, programmed and encoded whole vehicle and marked GWS as replaced control module."

This completely solved any issues I was having(though it made my iPod/AUX input not work). I now drive with AC on at all times with no idle/stall issues and have not had any throttle lag at a slow roll. The car sounds different with a bit quieter exhaust on cold start(even with golf tee) and I can hear the turbo spool up much louder now. Even better the old power is back if not even more and DSC is less intrusive, a 1-2 shift WOT will squawk tires and not chop the throttle unless you really push it. I am back to loving my car again!

A return visit to get my iPod working went fine and the car is still working well with no issues. I asked them for a software version and was told "ISTA/P V 2.46.6" Hope that helps some of you out, not sure if it is a Canadian only software version."

A few weeks later I am having other issues. Around 2500-3000 RPM in 3rd gear or higher I occasionaly get no throttle response at all. I can press the gas all the way(not past kickdown though) and the car does nothing. At first I thought it just wasn't building boost but there is no acceleration at all. Also got a temp warning once for about 5 seconds though my gauge was not past halfway. Radiator fan comes on pretty much constant and sounds like a plane taking off yet the temp gauge is still not over halfway. I dumped it at the dealer a few days but they can't fit me in until Friday I guess so I will update when I hear something. Not sure this new problem is related to the software update, at least I really hope it is not as the car was driving very well for a few weeks until this latest problem.
Appreciate 0