01-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #23
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
amk2912, 2 questions... WOW/CML? (Woolworths something and Caltex something, I guess) and why?
Thanks to BMWDave for answering the WOW/CML part. (Didn't know CML was now WES though...maybe that's why I didn't get burnt when the market "adjusted")

Well....I have a philosophical problem with giving money to companies whose actions have resulted in the decimation of competition. Since the introduction of fuel vouchers the number of independent fuel stations in this country has reduced markedly.

And what do you save? $2.12 on a full tank (53L x 4c).....less than the cost of a coffee a week.

Australia's two major retailers are said to take 80c in every retail dollar you and I spend. I believe in the USA no one company is allowed to have more than 20% of the market (please verify). In Australia - 2 companies control 80% of the retail market! And they want more....!!! Banking, insurance, health - everything. And when they've got it all....say goodbye to the fuel vouchers because there will be no need to chase your custom - you won't be able to go anywhere else.

Appreciate 0