07-21-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
wkthyk
wkthyk
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i Coupe - Sedona Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Councils gave up repairing roads a long time ago in Sydney. I still cant believe we have concrete roads, they are fucking pathetic.

The harbour bridge, unbelievable. A friggin goat track - I hate sydney roads with a PASSION!
Agree that Councils really run out of funding to fix roads, and obtaining night work approval from DECC is making night road work even harder.

Using concrete pavement here becoz of the high % of heavy vehicles usage and concrete regid type pavement will give almost a double of service life compare to asphalt/bituman flexi type pavement. If councils using flexi type pavement for local roads, then you will see repaving roadwork every night, which could be even worse.

Harbour Bridge... well they should rebuild it long time ago. See the "jumpform" under the bridge? it does the repair from one to the other end, and keep repeating. The repairs on the bridge will never end...

I hate Sydney Road too, and they will be hardly improved. The gov just wasted too much money on unneccessary things.

09 BMW135i ; 06-09 Mazda RX8 ; 05-06 Honda City Turbo II ; 03-05 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T 4-Door Nismo limited Version ; 01-02 Nissan Silvia S13 ; 99-01 Nissan Skyline R31
Appreciate 0