Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by machewbacca View Post
I find it a bit annoying as well. It's gonna be about 3 weeks before I get to try my cobb ap out. 1 week to ship, got it today, had to email ecu info today, another week, car goes in for service on the 28th, most likely i'm going to have to send in another rom, another week. i should have about a week to see if im really satisfied with the product. based on the first 3 weeks of owning the cobb ap(i consider owning from the time my money is debited) i cannot recommend it to anyone. however, once i do get it running, i'm sure i won't be able to stop recommending it to others. Cobb dudes, sticker is NOT going on my car till my ap works!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboogieman1 View Post
Seems like more and more ROMs are unsupported recently, I wonder why? Could it be from new dealer flashes? Either way, it's the price you gotta pay when your an early adopter for anything. What kind of taste it leaves in your mouth in the end is determined by how much s#*t you really end up going through. Sometimes it's not so bad and others you just don't want anything to do with by the end of it all. I am optimistic that these will be minor hiccups at the front then pay out as time goes on.
Thats the price you pay for flash tunes (Cobb, GIAC, Dinan). With the constant ECU/DME updates that BMW puts out it's a pita. That being said I'm looking foward to owning the AP or ATR. As far as the logs I've seen and the disscussions I've read this is gonna be an awesome DIY at home tune. Every tune had to start somewhere (remember the JB1 and the V1 which weren't PNP) and I believe this tune just needs some time to work out the kinks.
Appreciate 0