Thread: Test drive
View Single Post
      05-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #1
harpoon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Thumbs up Test drive

I went to Canterbury BMW today and testdrove the manual 135.

Wow. What a car.

That engine is superb. I currently drive a Nissan 350z and love it, and always considered to be a quick car but the 135 feels 25% faster. It's such a smooth pull, particularaly in second gear. Took me a couple of gear changes to get used to 1st-2nd as the gearbox is slightly more notchy than the 350z. I would say I prefer the z's shift but that could be just cause I am used to it. I got the best results when I made slower changes with a bit of rev matching.

The clutch was way lighter though and I didnt have any trouble heel-toeing with the pedal formation (but I have pretty skinny legs and small feet):smile:

The feel through the wheel is very similar to the 350z ie communicative - much more so than the 335 I thought. Didnt get a chance to do any fast cornering but I think I am going to go for a longer testdrive on Saturday.

But the bottom line was when I hopped back into the zed to drive home it was slightly underwhelming which I have never had before.

The sales guy knew nothing about the car and the options that go with it. He tried to tell me Pro nav was standard on all 135s and knew nothing about the interior finish options. I was telling him what the options were in the end.

But anyway I will be buying one for sure now. I reckon its a steal for $85kish , the only problem is the 3-4 month wait.

Think I'm gonna give the nav a miss though. Seems most people are getting it but it seems a waste of 3k to me?? I just use the old fashioned Gregorys!
Appreciate 0