View Single Post
      03-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
R3ctivision
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Who is running the event in March at Laguna Seca?

Not sure how fast you are. If you are in the advanced group, the stock brakes, even with upgraded pads, will be marginal at best at a track like Laguna Seca. This track is very hard on brakes.

If you are not looking to swap pads before and after the event, your best bet would be a set of Stoptech Street Performance pads, stainless steel lines and high temp brake fluid(Motul 600, STR 600 or similar). If you are willing to switch pads, Hawk DTC-70 front and rear will give you more bit and more track time before fading.
CFRA is doing it on 3/30. I am typically in the A group but lose a lot of pace (~4-5 seconds a lap) after about 2-3 laps due to brake fade, at least when I went using the E46 M3 or E36 328, with track pads. Unfortunately, brake fade settles in right around when I've settled into a consistent groove.

This time since I'm taking a different car for the first time, I'm going in the B group so I don't feel as pushed for pace and I can manage brakes better while I learn how the car handles.

Thanks for the pad advice -- Do the Hawks squeal on the street? I normally wouldn't mind swapping pads but at my apartment in LA I have no garage where I can do it myself, so I'll have to pay a shop to prep my car.
Appreciate 0