04-30-2014, 03:55 AM   #30
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
My RE-11's were beyond the wear bar in the front (no tread left on out half of the tire), and at the wear bar in the rear.
Disproportionate treadwear of the outside shoulders is ordinarily attributable to insufficient negative camber. If you truly have -3.2o front camber and have driven your set of RE-11 only at -3.2o camber, then it is possible you may have excessive body roll as previously suggested. Once your setup is corrected, you can monitor your tyres further by pyrometry.

Of course, any new tyres you choose to fit will continue to degrade in this uneven manner - until the vehicle setup is corrected (assuming the same driving technique and same circuits attended).

Quote:
I had a chance to discuss about my issue with different instructors that sat in the car, and mentioned I was running -3.2* camber in the front. He mentioned that with that much camber, and little traction in the wet, I was effectively reducing the front tire contact patch, and that I should try reducing my camber, or lowering my front+rear tire pressure to 30 PSI hot.
Wet surface will reduce traction, and thus cornering loads. So whilst -3.2o is excellent for tight cornering in the dry, it might be unfavourable in the wet. This is not necessarily a reason to refine vehicle setup on the go (unless you have the resources), but reducing tyre pressures and softening suspension may assist temporarily. Alternatively, just revert back to your non-competition tyre setup (eg PSS for street/wet).

Quote:
I dont see the pressing need for suspension mods anymore.
The is no need to amend suspension if you have an unlimited tyre budget
For track-prepped vehicles, setup is everything!
Appreciate 1