10-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #18
Bullit
Future 1M Owner
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out 32 View Post
If it's OK, I can PM you to see if something can be done.
Of course. All I can do is ask, but it could happen that BMW Switzerland says the stripes are exclusively for the F1 Team Edition and won't sell them. But I will ask if there is any interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Out 32 View Post
BTW, that 335 touring is amazing! Nice wheels and the exhaust makes it look powerful! How well does the active cruise controls works for you?
The active cruise control is amazing, very relaxing on long highway trips. It is a bit slow though, it holds your speed down until the car in front of you really, really changed the lane. Furthermore, I think the distance in the lowest setting of the 4 available ist still too long, because cars jump in the gap the system lets open all the time. Other than that, it is perfect. For an E91 it makes absolutely sense. On very sporty cars like the M3 / 135 I am not that sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 TAG View Post
I have just bought your successor, No 111 from Titan AG in Zurich.
Nice, mine's from Titan, too. ;-)

Quote:
I will pick up F1 Coupe once all paper work is sorted, Titan doing everything for me, i also got a HUGE discount on list price...
I personally think that has something to do with BMW quitting F1... ;-)

On the other hand, in a few years this possibly could be the other way round with the F1 Team Edition holding its price very well because of the very limited production run.

Quote:
I will miss my M3 but soo looking forward to getting the F1, sadly insurance is a ripoff here, they wont recognise i have 17 years of no claims in UK.

My M3 Fully Covered and Bonus protected in UK was £350 or under 600 CHF, quotes here are from 1900 CHF upwards... aghhh - who do you use ??
Zurich, but I don't think you will get much cheaper than 1900 CHF!!! Driving hot cars is a bit expensive here in Switzerland. ;-)

But if you are finally here and have some time, we could take on a nice tour on the Klausenpass, Sustenpass, Grimsel and Furka - the most beautiful mountain pass route in whole Europe (about 350km of just mountain passes and nothing else, 4 in a row). Of course if the weather gets nicer again, because 370hp and 550Nm of torque are a bit lively in the snow. ;-)
Appreciate 0