View Single Post
      03-18-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
McReary
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

Halogen to Xenon Conversion FAQs

I've been trying to do this conversion for a while and I've stumbled upon a couple questions that I still don't even have answered. So here they are:

1) AHL stands for Adaptive Headlights. What does this do as opposed to Auto-leveling. It seems that I am mixing up the acronym for Adaptive Headlights and Auto Headlight Leveling (Both AHL). Which does what?

2) The ebay sellers of even the oem xenon kits only offer the housing, including the projector lens. What else will be necessary to complete the conversion? Xenon Bulb, Ballast, and--this is confusing me--footwell module. I'm aware that the conversion will leave the computer angry with the difference to 35w xenons, which will basically shut down the headlights and pop up error lights. Is this what the footwell module is about--the computer fooler/resistor?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...43#post7256043
In which case, you wouldn't need to reflash?

I'm a little washy on the subject and after a couple hours of searching, I've given up to ask for help. Basically, I'm trying to get down to what do I need to switch from halogens to xenons--everything from kit to installation to operation. I do not expect to go reflash my LCM. I'm thinking of trying out the resistor DIY.

Any input welcome!
Appreciate 0