View Single Post
      10-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #7
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by micha3l View Post
I have just purchased a Quaife LSD, and have been speaking with my local shop about getting it installed.

They have installed many LSD's before (just not in a 135i) and are a little hesitant to do it without new bearings.

They advised that it could very well go smoothly and the bearings not needing replacement, however if they break the bearings my car could be out of action for 1-2 weeks until they source new bearings.

After calling BMW, they do not sell these separately, they only sell the final drive unit as a whole and do not know the sizes of these.

Does anyone have the sizes of these bearings? Would be good to have the info handy before the install.
Bearings are not serviced by BMW at all so care must be taken when removing and reinstalling the bearings.

There is no other bearings like it and even the manufacture of these bearings will not sell them to you as they have a contract to supply BMW only.
Appreciate 0