01-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #25
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Lol we should do a big 1 series meet up on the last day you guys will be in SoCal after the conversions finish.
Im down. It would probably be early/mid feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja2 View Post
much painstakingly much work but will result in vindication !!!!
I look forward to seeing the result.
So far it has only been slightly painful on my wallet. Jon@BMWpartspros and Phil@Reeves BMW made sourcing all the parts very easy. Everything arrived from germany to my door from both dealers in about 10 days. Installing everything so far has been very easy. The front end took about 6 hours to do by myself subtracting the time I spent at the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Awesome thread! I'm stoked to see the results of your build, are you heading down to bimmerfest this year? We could get a caravan going if Grayson and some other guys around the bay would be interested.

Good luck with the rest of the project!
Im down. Ill try and keep up with your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuNasty View Post
Wow. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for the final results
Hopefully the 1M conversion will be done in mid feb, then Stoptechs from HPA, then turbos (RB or Vargas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiefferD View Post
really good thread...can't believe you opted to diy...the pick showing the new fender with your old tire, does a great job of showing just how much wider the 1m fender is.
Even more impressive than the fender space is all of the space inside the wheel well. The 1M's two piece fender liner is made up of a rear e9x fender liner and the 1M specific front. There is seriously tons of room in there for rubber.
Appreciate 0