11-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
PSS is definitely a great road tyre, however, the feeling of it being softer is probably due to the new thread depth vs your relatively worn *PS2s. Also, once you wear them in over a couple thousand miles, you may notice the PSS makes a bit more road noise and will feel a tiny bit harsher over sharp bumps due to the stiffer construction vs similarly worn *PS2. Great tyres nonetheless.
I don't know why you really got that impression. Knowing how precise and objective you are in your posts I am sure that's what really happened to you, so I sincerely wonder why. Which car did you experience this and was it a full apples to apples swap between PS2 to PSS? Because I got my PSS set, stock size, just after 550 km. of my new 1M, the car was bone stock before and after, PSS being the sole difference; and all I got from first few meters was a better ride mated with better handling, balance and most of all, better traction. I admit it was not night and day difference but on any surface PSS was and after a few thousand kms. still is better (read softer, more comfortable) tire. I am not sure about the noise level, they both feel the same to me, great for such high performance tires. Maybe one day I'll put back my practically new PS2 set on again for a week or two just to see what I'll feel about them.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0